• Shop around – check with different companies because LTC policies can be
different in the benefits provided and in the price.
• Read what you are asked to sign before signing it. Do not sign a blank
• Do not rush to buy insurance. Don’t purchase LTC
insurance unless you understand what you are
purchasing. If you do not understand, ask questions.
• Always pay by check or money order. Do not pay cash. Do
not make checks payable to an individual agent; make them
payable to the insurance company.
• Know the agent’s name and contact information and the
insurance company’s name and address represented by the agent.
It is important to be able to contact the agent and company if you